<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Brewed and Puffy Painted with Love!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Brewed and Puffy Painted with Love!


Lets be realistic here. Valentines day is a women's holiday ( and I am not saying we don't deserve to get flowers and chocolates)  But lets not pretend that our guys will be wanting chocolate, flowers or a stuffed teddy bear.

 My husband Greg is not a big drinker, but he does like to open a nice Pale ale or amber ale every so often. 

 I have decided I am going to purchase a 6 pack of unique beers for him and put these labels on them for Valentines day.  ( Please don't judge by the Miller light in the pictures. I found these in the garage. Used just for pictures only!. I do plan on getting him some higher quality beer)


Here is how I made these

1) Cut pieces of Card stock into an appropriate size for labels.
2) Made up some clever beer slogans and printed them out also on card stock.
3) Decorated each label with Puffy Paint, stickers and craft foam
Just as a side note. If you are not well acquainted with Puffy Paint, then I HIGHLY recommend you introduce yourself.  Puffy Paint can put the finishing touch needed to ANY and I mean ANY craft! ( If you keep reading my blog then you will know what I mean.)  

When I was a Girl Scout leader, I was told by one of my girls that I changed her life because I introduced her to Puffy Paint! Now that's something!



Here is a close up of each beer label.





( My husband does not need beer to be happy. But I just think its funny)






( used for a Honey Weiss)


Well I hope you enjoy these! I am sure My Hubby will.





Labels: , ,

23 Comments:

At January 30, 2011 at 11:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such a brilliant idea - and easy too! I'm always racking my brain for good gift ideas for my husband - I'm sure these would go down a treat! Thanks :)

 
At January 31, 2011 at 12:49 PM , Blogger Marjory Skousen said...

You have some great outside the box ideas. Love everyone of them. My hubby will be getting this for Valentine's. I'm your newest follower, hope you'll come by and follow back.

 
At January 31, 2011 at 1:07 PM , Blogger Tazza said...

Teehee... This is just to much! I love your creative idea. Thanks for sharing!

 
At January 31, 2011 at 1:15 PM , Blogger The Killham Family said...

What a creative idea! I'm definitely doing this. Can you share how you fastened the craft foam in the bottles? Did you glue them down or did you just make a sleeve?

 
At January 31, 2011 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Cyndi said...

Super cute idea! Thanks for sharing.

 
At January 31, 2011 at 2:15 PM , Blogger Jen @ lil Mop Top said...

great sayings!! I will have to make some for my hubby now!

 
At January 31, 2011 at 3:58 PM , Blogger Gretchen said...

This is such a great idea! I found your blog via One Pretty Thing and I'm so glad I did! :o) I might do this for my hubs for Valentine's Day, he'll love it!

<3
Gretchen
proverbsthirtyhuh.blogspot.com

 
At January 31, 2011 at 4:24 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

I glued the craft foam together in the back using my hot glue gun. Ah the trusty hot glue gun. The best $3.97 I ever spent!

 
At February 1, 2011 at 1:14 PM , Blogger Shelly said...

adorable, my hubby would love this. Will have to try.

 
At February 1, 2011 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Please keep these original ideas flowing! I love the bottle labels!

 
At February 1, 2011 at 9:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

these are great! I hope you'll link up to my wine.bar.drink linky party this week and share!
classycolumbusdesigns dot blogspot dot com!

 
At February 2, 2011 at 5:47 PM , Blogger Michelle @ Crafts and Crap said...

Wonderful idea and whitty sayings on the bottles. What a great gift for your man.

I would be flattered if you would check out my blog. I'm new to blogging and would love some feedback. Thanks so much for your inspiration.

http://craftsandcrap.blogspot.com/

 
At February 7, 2011 at 5:08 AM , Blogger Val said...

Truly Brilliant!!!

 
At February 7, 2011 at 9:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great idea. How clever are you? Visiting from Just Something I whipped Up Blog Party.

 
At February 7, 2011 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a great idea for any man for Vday!! I love this!!

 
At February 7, 2011 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is a fabulous idea!!! Love, love, love!! Will definitely be swiping this one! Thanks for the comment on my Superman pie! I'd easily swap you a pie for a set of these!! Great job and you've got yourself a new follower!
Natalie
http://aturtleslifeforme.blogspot.com/

 
At February 8, 2011 at 7:31 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I LOVE this!!! I wasn't sure what I was going to do for hubby for Valentine's Day, but I'm soooo using the! Thanks for the idea!
Jen
Scissors & Spatulas

 
At February 13, 2011 at 7:48 PM , Blogger kristenly said...

this is such an awesome idea. i came across it the other day from one pretty thing and meant to say something then.

 
At February 14, 2011 at 2:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wanted to let you know I gave you a shout-out in my post where I copied these! Great job and thanks for the idea!
Natalie

 
At February 15, 2011 at 4:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I wanted to let you know that I ended up making these for my fiance, and he loved it!! What a great gift!! I blogged about it too if you want to check it out!!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 11:13 PM , Blogger Cristy @ Art•ing Shed•quarters said...

What a great idea. Hubby is a beginner home brewer and I am totally looking forward to designing the labels :-)

 
At February 6, 2012 at 4:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this idea so much! My husband is a big beer fan, so this might just be the perfect gift this year. I shared a link to this project on my DIY Valentine's Day Ideas post. :)

http://www.nestcandy.com/2012/02/money-saving-mondays-diy-valentines-day.html

 
At July 11, 2012 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

Very cute! :)

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home