<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Breakfast Toppers!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Breakfast Toppers!


Its the Blizzard of 2011!! and this morning was my first snow day EVER ( as an adult.) I came up with this idea as I was falling back asleep at five this morning, after I realized that my work had closed ( for the morning at least) when I started dreaming about how I was going to make pancakes for breakfast!

Here is a photo of the snow that has accumulated on my deck. ( Yes, I choose to live in the midwest)

 I used to be a Girl Scout leader, so I don't know if you are familiar with Girl Scout Swaps, but these breakfast inspired " thingamajigs" are (were) Girl Scout swaps. Click Here to learn about Girl Scout Swaps. ( even if you don't have a scout, and you like to craft, you are in for a treat!)  so these were Swaps that my Girl Scout troop had done, and I still had.  I hot glued toothpicks to the back of them in order to make breakfast food toppers!!

Here is How:

The French Toast Topper
Assemble an Eiffel Tower out of a pipe cleaner. French flag is optional. Glue on your tooth pick

.
The Pancake Topper
This is made from craft foam and Puffy paint ( there it is again) The Pancakes, the Pan and the Butter are made from craft foam and the syrup is made from brown Puffy paint



The Eggs and Bacon Topper
( This would be so cute on a breakfast casserole)
The entire topper is made from craft foam and a toothpick is glued on back

So I hope you enjoy. This would be a great idea to use for a special brunch! These are easy and VERY thrifty!



Labels:

3 Comments:

At February 2, 2011 at 9:19 PM , Blogger Michele said...

Great toppers you have there. I forgot about GS Swaps. It's been quite sometime since I attended GS camp. Hope you enjoyed your snow day.
Come by & visit me sometime
Thanks
Michele

 
At February 3, 2011 at 12:13 AM , Blogger Mandy said...

Too cute!!!

New follower from Welcome Wed Blog Hop!!!

Would love it if you would come visit me and follow me back!!!
http://mandysfrugaljourney.blogspot.com/

I'm also hosting a giveaway if you would like to enter!! :o)
http://mandysfrugaljourney.blogspot.com/2011/01/giveaway-yoplait-orginal-yogurt.html

-Mandy

 
At February 19, 2011 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Esther Asbury said...

Super cute breakfast toppers -- would be fun for a kids sleepover!

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home