<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Heart shaped potato skins!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Heart shaped potato skins!

Now presenting another heart shaped treat from my kitchen! Also, I won't be offended if you all think I have completely gone off the deep end!

My husband was surprised last night when he came home to find yet another heart shaped meal in January!

And I know I said " healthy" Valentines day treats for my Valentines day food extravaganza. But I served these with a very colorful salad.

These actually turned out much nicer than I thought they would. 


I cut a potato into slices. ( Two of these slices were flat, and the two "end" slices were rounded on the bottom)  and used my heart shaped cookie cutter set to cut out hearts.   

I ALWAYS leave the skins on potatos. They are the part of the potato with all the vitimans!

I used two sizes of cookie cutters.  Just so I could use as much of the potato as possible.


Layed them out on a baking sheet. brushed with olive oil and salt.



Of course I also cooked the " scraps". I am not a waster.


They came out nice and crispy! Just how we like them in my house!

I added. Cheese and bacon bits to each potato.  And thats it!

The best part is? I made this super cute treat and used ingrediants I already had!



Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At January 7, 2012 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Juf said...

Cute! Just pinned it.
Jacqueline (visiting from TT and J)

 
At January 7, 2012 at 10:06 AM , Blogger MFEO2009 said...

Those are very cute! I think I will def have to make these on Vday! New follower from A Vision...

http://myhappilyeverafteragain.blogspot.com

 
At January 7, 2012 at 2:05 PM , Blogger Brandi said...

This is such a cute idea! Now, I'm hungry for some!

 
At January 8, 2012 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Oh my gosh! I love these!!! My kids would too. Thanks!

 
At January 8, 2012 at 9:21 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Ok, these are freaking adorable. LOVE.

 
At January 9, 2012 at 7:21 AM , Blogger sweet and lovely crafts said...

Love these! Can't wait to make them.

 
At January 9, 2012 at 9:48 AM , Blogger Mrs. No-No said...

another great idea that has now been pinned to my VDay board!! (:
I can't find you on Pinterest. :( If you send me your link and I will follow you there.
http://pinterest.com/mrsnono/

 
At January 10, 2012 at 7:33 AM , Blogger Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Fantastic! Pinned this for Valentine's Day!

 
At January 11, 2012 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Bobbie said...

Love these!! Being a non-cooker most of the time, would you pls tell me at what temp and how long you baked these? Thanks!

 
At January 11, 2012 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Wade's World said...

What temp do you cook the potatoes at, and how long? Super cute!!!

 
At January 13, 2012 at 5:50 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

baked for about 25 minutes at 400. It really depends on your personal pref though

 
At January 24, 2012 at 11:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Okay...I just finished stuffing myself with dinner...and these still look delicious! I haven't made potato skins for years, but they are definately making an appearance next month!

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home