<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Chalkboard table top

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Chalkboard table top



I see so many chalkboard posts everywhere.

 I used to be very reluctant to dive into the chalkboard paint world.  All that chalk dust sounded like such a mess!

Until I had a friend post a link on her Facebook page about a chalkboard fridge.

I decided to give chalkboard paint a try.
 My husband and I have this table set. It is cheep. We purchsed the table and 4 chairs for no more than $200 in 2005.



This table top has lots of scratches on it.  Partly because its made of cheep wood.
And  Partly because I have done many crafts on this table over the years, and should have taken better care of it.



I love this table.  I didn't want to get rid of it, but I couldn't justify spending alot of money refinishing it. 

So.......

I went to Menards and purchased chalkboard paint ( I live in the middle of nowhere, so I chose this brand because it was the only option unless I wanted to make my own).  That being said, I was pleased with this paint.



While my baby was napping, I broke out a roller and painted the table!  It only took about 20 minutes. about 4 hours later I gave the table another coat.

Below is a photo of the paint drying.  I didn't put plastic on the ground.  a small amount did drip onto the ground.  It was easy to clean up.


Here is a photo of the finished table after my family had breakfest and decorated the table a bit.



I added a little glass with some chalk.  I want people feel like they can feel free to draw!




I really LOVE my new table!!

Here are some cleaning tips after having this for a few weeks.

I had to play around with clean up.  The first few times I tried cleaning this table I ended up with white streaks on the table. Also, when I used a sponge, particles from the sponge ended up on the table. 

I found success with a wet wash cloth.  You will need enough water on it in order to remove all the chalk dust off the table. 

Also, I find that I have had to sweep or swiffer white chalk under the table.  However, I still say that having a great chalkboard table is worth it. 











Pin It

Labels:

5 Comments:

At February 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun idea!! Thanks for sharing:D

 
At February 11, 2012 at 9:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the look of your table. Won't be long til PB or one of the other Mass marketers does a takeoff! Seriously fun and cute! XO Cindy

 
At February 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM , Blogger Kitty Deschanel said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Chalkboard paint can be addictive. We started with 1 painted chalkboard door and are now up to 6! I love your table.

I just wanted to swing by and let you know that you've been nominated for the Best in Show award on my blog! Congrats and good luck :)

 
At April 22, 2012 at 11:56 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

What a great project! :) I've featured this post on Craft Gossip here:
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/make-a-chalkboard-table/

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here:
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

 
At July 11, 2012 at 10:10 AM , Blogger Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

That is so fun!

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home