<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Caprese Cucumber bites

Monday, June 18, 2012

Caprese Cucumber bites


Last week my family was vacationing in Door County, Wisconsin.  One of the things that makes Door County special, is that you don't see " chain" restaurants there.  In contrast, they have many local shops where you can find outstanding fresh foods.


One afternoon we were walking around in Bailey's Harbor, one of the towns in Door County and we saw this fresh mozzarella cheese in one of the shops.  We couldn't resist it.

I'm fairly certain I saw my husband Greg actually grab some of this amazing cheese with his bare hands soon after we left the shop.


I came home, and made Caprese Cucumber bites.  Substituting cucumbers for crackers is a new found  thing I have been doing.


I did not have access to fresh basil.  Thats life sometimes.  I went to the store and purchased basil in a tube and some pretty grape tomatoes.


I was able to find some fresh parsley outside in my mothers potted plant.  ( It was her and my father's residence we were staying at)


On each cucumber I arranged a squirt of the basil, a spoonful to mozzarella cheese, a sliced tomato and decorated each bite with a dash of fresh parsley.

This was an excellent pre dinner appetizer.  Very refreshing after walking around the majority of the day.  

4 Comments:

At June 19, 2012 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Heather @cultivatedbygrace said...

these look really yummy! I make caprese skewers for my kids but never thought to make them on a cucumber base! Thanks for sharing!
~Heather @ourcultivatedlife

 
At June 25, 2012 at 6:08 PM , Blogger DIYbyDesign said...

This looks so good. I will be featuring you tomorrow night at my Sizzle into Summer party. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

 
At June 26, 2012 at 2:25 PM , Blogger Christine said...

That looks DELICIOUS!!! I really have to try and use cucumbers like that more often. The mozzarella looks HEAVENLY!!!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! I can't wait to see what you'll be linking up this evening!

 
At June 26, 2012 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Sonny G said...

yum.. wish I'd had a plate of those for my supper.
I'll be trying this for sure. I cant have crackers so, cucs are the perfect solution.. thanks so much
Sonny
your newest follower

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home