<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Star Tortilla Chips

Monday, June 25, 2012

Star Tortilla Chips

If you read my blog, then you know that I might have gone overboard with the "Homemade tortilla chip"

Last fall I made a simple " Homemade tortilla chip" recipe.

Then around Valentines Day, I made Heart shaped tortilla chips.

This past spring I taught my readers how to make a Tortilla cup that looks like a rose.

Naturally, I decided to be redundant yet again, and made some Tortilla chip stars in honor of the 4th of July.

I did switch up the recipe a little bit.  I added cinnamon and sugar to these chips instead of salting them.



My original plan was to find blue tortilla's at my local Mexican grocery store, but I live in a town of 30,000 people.  It can be hard to find specially items.


I settled with white tortillas and took out a set of star cookie cutters that I received at a baby shower.


I used the cookie cutters to cut out stars.  I then brushed each star with a mixture of canola oil, sugar and cinnamon.


Bake for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees F. Or until you think your chips are crispy to your satisfaction.


You may desire to sprinkle some extra cinnamon and sugar on these chips.


My smaller stars were a little well done.  either way, they were tasty.  These are a healthier alternative to all those patriotic cakes out there.  

Labels:

8 Comments:

At June 26, 2012 at 11:37 AM , Blogger annies home said...

think I may make up this special treat to serve with fireworks

come see what we shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com/2012/06/can-you-imagine-back-in-1967.html

 
At June 29, 2012 at 7:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE this idea!

 
At June 30, 2012 at 12:39 AM , Blogger Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

This is so cute! I will have to add these to the list for our 4th of July party! Thank you for sharing, I am a new follower!!
Hope you have a great weekend!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.com

 
At June 30, 2012 at 11:06 AM , Blogger Michaela @ coveredinmodpodge.blogspot.com said...

Very cute!

 
At July 2, 2012 at 1:41 AM , Blogger Meaningful Mama said...

These look so yummy, and it's such a cute idea. Thanks for sharing!

 
At July 2, 2012 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Naptime Review said...

I am totally trying this. Thanks ;)

hosting Mom's Monday Mingle. Love for you to link up.

www.thenaptimereview.com

 
At July 8, 2012 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

What a fun idea! I'm thinking a fruit salsa with diced strawberries and blueberries maybe? Thanks for sharing on Busy Monday!

 
At July 8, 2012 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Be Colorful Coastal said...

Thought these were so clever and fun that I had to feature them this week on BeColorful.
p

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home