<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Asparagus Ham Goat Cheese Pizza

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Asparagus Ham Goat Cheese Pizza


Here is a little blogging secret.   I often make things far in advance before you ever see them on my blog.  Sometimes, I am just not sure if any particular project or recipe is a good fit for my blog.  Sometimes, I just need to think about what I am going to say about it before I post.  Also,  sometimes, I just get inspired and make a bunch of things at once, therefore a " line" is formed for when I am actually going to post about any particular subject.

I made this pizza about a month ago.

When making pizzas at home, I often refer to my pizzas as " Garbage Pizza" because I am literally taking anything I happen to have in my fridge and using them as pizza toppings.

My husband often works 12-14 hour days for his accounting job.  So I was astonished, when one day he called saying he would come home for lunch.  I made this pizza for the two of us to have.

This pizza only took about 20 minutes to make.

The proper term for this type of pizza is called a " White" Pizza.  A "White" Pizza is a pizza that does not have red pizza sauce on it.


I LOVE this thin pizza crust that you get pre made at the store.  I sometimes make homemade pizza crust.  I have not been able to get mine as crispy as this!


Lets discuss these pizza toppings. 

Asparagus is such an amazing vegetable.  Roasted, grilled or steamed el dente.  Love LOVE it!

Lets talk about Ham.  I like to use it in the place of prosciutto when I am making Italian food.  Prosciutto is expensive and not readily available in Southeast Iowa.  Ham is salty and works great on Sandwiches or tossed with pasta if you want to make a quick meal.

Goat Cheese is the reason why I could never go vegan.  Its amazing on everything.  enough said.

Together, they made one great pizza.


Asparagus, Ham and Goat Cheese Pizza

Ingredients 
1 pizza crust.
4 large slices of deli ham
1 bunch of asparagus
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1-2 ounces of spreadable goat cheese
1 handful of shredded mozzarella cheese

1) With a kitchen brush, paint olive oil on pizza crust
2) Place ham on the pizza crust
3) Arrange asparagus on pizza crust
4) Arrange goat cheese on pizza crust.
5) Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on pizza crust
6) Bake in the oven at 350f for 12 minutes


This was an amazing pizza. It took barely any time at all!

All of these ingredients would also be great tossed with pasta!

1 Comments:

At September 3, 2012 at 3:49 PM , Blogger Love Bakes Good Cakes said...

We have pizza every Friday night - but have never had asparagus on pizza! What a good idea though! Thank you for sharing at All My Bloggy Friends last week. I can't wait to see what you share this tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home